With the weather cooling down, Central Oregon business owners know that winter is around the corner and when the winter months arrive, life will a bit harder for business owners because, bad weather can keep people at home instead of spending money in the local shops or restaurants of Central Oregon.
With bad weather comes challenges like loss of electricity, internet, natural gas and even damages to a home or office that can keep a business owner out of work for much longer. When these challenges arise many business owners face financial setbacks that can slow down and finish any business before it really begins; thanks to the technology and resources that many business owners have in their office or home, winter weather doesn’t have to be the end of a business. The average business owner can keep their business going and thriving even when they are not working.
In today’s world many businesses from large corporations to small “mom and pop” Central Oregon stores have websites or blogs to promote their businesses online.
The average business website in this day and age receives 100 visitors or more per day on average but, sadly, they are not doing more to make money off that traffic. Some of the best ways to make money off of website traffic are:
1. Banner Advertising – Running advertisements on a website for other products and services.
2. Affiliate promotions – Promoting other products and services on a website. Typical affiliate promotions pay 40% commission or better on sales that come from an affiliate’s website.
3. Branding opportunities – Selling prime space on a website to companies that want to take advantage of a niche audience.
4. Google Adsense – One of the easiest ways to make money online. Adsense pays an advertiser money every time some clicks on one of their ads that are running on the advertiser website.
All of these income opportunities will allow any business owner to earn income off their website traffic without them having to doing anything. All that’s really necessary is setting up each opportunity and then wait for money to start coming in from these promotions.
Any website owner who has a website that receives over 100 visitors per day should start an email list by joining a service like Aweber and then placing that opt in form somewhere on their website. Once their email list begins to develop they can begin promoting special offers to their subscribers.
Some examples of special offers are:
· Subscriber only discounts for special prices on the company’s products or services.
· Affiliate promotions for products or services that are similar to what the company offers.
Think outside the box
Home improvement – If a business owner has a home improvement business they should be promoting affiliate offers for ebooks that solve common household problems or discounts on services that other companies in the community may be offering to home owners.
Health and Wellness – For health and wellness businesses this niche is simple, the focus should be on promoting other health and wellness produces. The point here is that every company who has an email list should be promoting products and services in their e-newsletter that their customers would want to buy.
The great thing about setting up income opportunities on a website and running an e-newsletter campaign is that once these opportunities are set up, a Central Oregon business owners can focus on their core businesses and not worry about the business making money during the days when bad weather will keep many people indoors.
For more information on how to make keep your business making money during the winter months, contact Central Oregon Internet Marketing Expert: Jeremy Raglin today for a free consultation at (503) 470-6055.